Episode 4: Friendship
Referenced in this Episode:
18 Reasons Why Parents Can't Stand Caillou (There's a bit of salty language in this list, but I'm gonna include it anyway because we talked about it on the podcast and also becasue Caillou kind of deserves it. But if that sort of thing offends you, don't click.)
Parenting Fail Segment
Manerson - Teaching Justus a new song about a turtle. Catchy for sure...
Bevil - Painfully learning how to listen while learning to brush my girls’ hair
Stout - Roger’s sleep: I feel like I’m failing him no matter what I do.
Topic of the Week: Friendships for Parent Pastors, Kids, & Families
- Some people don’t get along well together
- Unreasonable expectations from church folk
- Extremely friendly kids when they shant
- Parent Pastors are people too! We need friendships outside the church.
- Our kids learn empathy, sharing, teamwork, and so much more through friends.
- Entire family friends help us live into being the church and nurture our faith.
How to Begin:
- Random meets can pan out
- We connect through affinities
- Food brings people together; potluck it up!
- Find any excuse to just be together
Caillou: Begins with an annoying theme song that gets stuck in your head and encapsulates the show: an extremely whiny kid who acts like a baby. If you like lazy artist background drawings, creepy grandma voices, and parents that don’t discipline, you’ll love it! (please read our utter sarcasm here)
Manderson - Sunday Night Solo. And Came home yesterday and took both boys outside.
Bevil - WTF moment w/ my girls; Drums: Sophie direct, Emma dance
Stout - I started reading The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe to Ruthie tonight, and she was tracking along with what I was reading and asking questions about the story, which was both cute and awesome.
Continue the conversation: We’re now on Stitcher!
Facebook: The Parent Pastor Podcast Group
Share Your Parenting Fails & Wins at (484) 2PARENT Help us out: Rate us on iTunes & Leave a Review